Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost'

Annie Benitha
Hi,

I am trying to upload tracks using this link
http://cloud.gmod.org/gbrowse2/tutorial/tutorial.html#other_backends

And I get the following message

Inline image 1

I gave a new user to GBrowse and updated a new user to it. changed it in mysql and granted all privileges.
Still no luck.

Is there something else that I am missing?

Thanks,
Annie

Re: Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost'

Scott Cain
Hi Annie,

Did you create a password for the www-data user?  If so, did you include that in the configuration file?  Can you log in with the www-data user on the command line?  What does the database section of the config file look like? If the www-data user doesn't have a password for the database, it might help to add one (and add it to the config).

Scott

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:32 AM, Annie Benitha <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to upload tracks using this link
http://cloud.gmod.org/gbrowse2/tutorial/tutorial.html#other_backends

And I get the following message

Inline image 1

I gave a new user to GBrowse and updated a new user to it. changed it in mysql and granted all privileges.
Still no luck.

Is there something else that I am missing?

Thanks,
Annie

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research