Analysis.uniqename

Karl O. Pinc
Hi,

Out of expediency we're making analysis.name unique,
but in the larger chado context it might be good to
have an analysis.uniquename column.

Regards,

Karl <[hidden email]>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Analysis.uniqename

Stephen Ficklin-3
Just by way of info.... Tripal treats the analysis.name field as being
unique even though Chado doesn't expect it to be.

On 15-04-09 02:00 PM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Out of expediency we're making analysis.name unique,
> but in the larger chado context it might be good to
> have an analysis.uniquename column.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karl <[hidden email]>
> Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
>                   -- Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Analysis.uniqename

Mara Kim-3

Hmmm, this goes hand in hand with an analysis.type_id column, which is what we've been using that feild for.  I would say that we need to add a type_id if we are going to have uniquename.

On 1:07PM, Thu, Apr 9, 2015 Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just by way of info.... Tripal treats the analysis.name field as being
unique even though Chado doesn't expect it to be.

On 15-04-09 02:00 PM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Out of expediency we're making analysis.name unique,
> but in the larger chado context it might be good to
> have an analysis.uniquename column.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karl <[hidden email]>
> Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
>                   -- Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Analysis.uniqename

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]

I enthusiastically second the request for an analysis.type_id column, with or without an analysis.uniquename column​.

Ethy