Congenie.org genome browser

Andrew ODonnell
Hello,

I am having some issues linking the BLAST results on congenie.org with their genome browser locations.  When I click on "GB" next to each blast hit (I had about BLAST 100 results), the genome browser informs me that the locus cannot be found with the red letters "Not Found" (please see picture).

I have tried blasting two genomes (Picea abies and Picea sithcensis V4), and neither worked.

I just want to bring it to your attention, and would greatly appreciate it if the problem is fixed.  Or, if it's not an error, then please let me know if a work-around.

Kind Regards,

-Andrew J O'Donnell

Re: Congenie.org genome browser

Andrew ODonnell
Please excuse my last message, I forgot the attachment.

I also meant to say that I BLASTed Picea glauca, not picea sitchensis.

Thank you.

-Andrew

Congenie GB error.jpg (403K) Download Attachment

Re: Congenie.org genome browser

Scott Cain
Hi Andrew,

You've emailed the mailing list for supporting people who install GBrowse, the underlying software the powers the genome browser you're using.  What you're describing is a problem with the data.  You should contact the owners of congenie.org to alert them to the problem.

Good luck,
Scott

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Andrew ODonnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am having some issues linking the BLAST results on congenie.org with their genome browser locations.  When I click on "GB" next to each blast hit (I had about BLAST 100 results), the genome browser informs me that the locus cannot be found with the red letters "Not Found" (please see picture).

I have tried blasting two genomes (Picea abies and Picea sithcensis V4), and neither worked.

I just want to bring it to your attention, and would greatly appreciate it if the problem is fixed.  Or, if it's not an error, then please let me know if a work-around.

Kind Regards,

-Andrew J O'Donnell

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research