Draft agenda for October GMOD meeting

Scott Cain-2
Hello,

Below is a draft version of the agenda for the upcoming GMOD meeting.
First a few comments:

  * Please follow up with comments and questions to the gmod-devel
mailing list, and the registered attendees will be receiving a separate
copy of this mailing.

  * The agenda is somewhat loose on purpose; I want to encourage lots of
discussion and leave room for topics I haven't thought of.

  * While I indicated that there would be no 'show and tell' like
previous meetings, I do think there is room for actual, working software
demos.  Let me know if you have something you would like to show off.

  * Details about the meeting itself:

     o Information on getting to CSHL can be obtained at
http://meetings.cshl.edu/travel.html

     o Upon arriving at campus, go to the basement of the Grace
Auditorium to the meetings office to register.

     o Note that the meeting takes place in different rooms on Thursday
and Friday; don't show up in the wrong place on Friday.

Finally, the agenda:

Thursday
Gerry Conference Room, Marks Building

9:10  Introductions

9:30  GMOD/chado 0.003 and roadmap, including:
        - improvements for next release
        - standardizing chado use across orgs
        - upgrade paths (script to modify data and schema?)
        - other topics that should be discussed during this meeting

10:30 coffee

10:45 Top ten things a MOD provides
        - more on the road map; how Chado, GBrowse, Turnkey and Apollo fit in
          and where the holes are

12:00 Lunch

1:30 From the architecture working group: Review and revisit what we have done

2:00 Testing Recommendations

2:45 coffee

2:45 Java O/R recommendation

3:30 Discussion: other topics, either archetecture or other software issues

Friday
DIFFERENT ROOM: Plimpton Conference Room, Beckman Building

9:10 Common URLs and common gene page

10:30 Coffee

12:00 Lunch

1:30  Revisiting the developer's guide; preparing a software package for release
2:00  Software demos, coffee

Re: Draft agenda for October GMOD meeting

Jing Ding
Hi,

My flight is NW 340 on 10/26. I will arrive Laguardia airport at
6:49PM. I am not sure how long it takes from Laguardia to CSHL. I
guess I can get there after 8PM. Will the registration desk still be
open after 8PM?

Jing

On 10/23/05, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Below is a draft version of the agenda for the upcoming GMOD meeting.
> First a few comments:
>
>   * Please follow up with comments and questions to the gmod-devel
> mailing list, and the registered attendees will be receiving a separate
> copy of this mailing.
>
>   * The agenda is somewhat loose on purpose; I want to encourage lots of
> discussion and leave room for topics I haven't thought of.
>
>   * While I indicated that there would be no 'show and tell' like
> previous meetings, I do think there is room for actual, working software
> demos.  Let me know if you have something you would like to show off.
>
>   * Details about the meeting itself:
>
>      o Information on getting to CSHL can be obtained at
> http://meetings.cshl.edu/travel.html
>
>      o Upon arriving at campus, go to the basement of the Grace
> Auditorium to the meetings office to register.
>
>      o Note that the meeting takes place in different rooms on Thursday
> and Friday; don't show up in the wrong place on Friday.
>
> Finally, the agenda:
>
> Thursday
> Gerry Conference Room, Marks Building
>
> 9:10  Introductions
>
> 9:30  GMOD/chado 0.003 and roadmap, including:
>         - improvements for next release
>         - standardizing chado use across orgs
>         - upgrade paths (script to modify data and schema?)
>         - other topics that should be discussed during this meeting
>
> 10:30 coffee
>
> 10:45 Top ten things a MOD provides
>         - more on the road map; how Chado, GBrowse, Turnkey and Apollo fit in
>           and where the holes are
>
> 12:00 Lunch
>
> 1:30 From the architecture working group: Review and revisit what we have done
>
> 2:00 Testing Recommendations
>
> 2:45 coffee
>
> 2:45 Java O/R recommendation
>
> 3:30 Discussion: other topics, either archetecture or other software issues
>

> Friday
> DIFFERENT ROOM: Plimpton Conference Room, Beckman Building
>
> 9:10 Common URLs and common gene page
>
> 10:30 Coffee
>
> 12:00 Lunch
>
> 1:30  Revisiting the developer's guide; preparing a software package for release
> 2:00  Software demos, coffee

Jing Ding
4324 Westbrook Drive #32
Ames, IA 50014
513-374-6702

Re: Draft agenda for October GMOD meeting

Scott Cain-2
Yes, there are generally people in the meetings office until around
11pm.  If you get there after everyone has left, they will leave your
registration packet out for you at the desk with a map to indicate where
your room is.

Scott