GMOD abstract?

Lincoln Stein-2
Hi Scott, folks,

Today is the last day in which one can submit abstracts for the Biology of
Genomes meeting at CSHL (http://meetings.cshl.edu/meetings/genome06.shtml).
Does anyone want to submit a GMOD-oriented abstract?

Lincoln

--
Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Re: GMOD abstract?

Scott Cain-2
Hi Lincoln,

Thanks for the reminder; I had quite forgotten about the deadline.  I
was planning on submitting an abstract for giving a talk or poster that
would be an overview of gmod 0.1 (which will exist by then).  Does
anybody else want to do something in conjunction, overlapping or
similar?

Scott

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 11:04 -0500, Lincoln Stein wrote:
> Hi Scott, folks,
>
> Today is the last day in which one can submit abstracts for the Biology of
> Genomes meeting at CSHL (http://meetings.cshl.edu/meetings/genome06.shtml).
> Does anyone want to submit a GMOD-oriented abstract?
>
> Lincoln

Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: GMOD abstract?

Gudmundur Arni Thorisson

Scott, I'm sending in a BioMart abstract for a poster, covering new
stuff coming in the new web interface in spring/summer (my work) and
also something in other arenas (web services, Mart-builder etc.).
BioMart is now part of GMOD, so it'd be perfect for inclusion in your
overview!

On Feb 15, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi Lincoln,
>
> Thanks for the reminder; I had quite forgotten about the deadline.  I
> was planning on submitting an abstract for giving a talk or poster
> that
> would be an overview of gmod 0.1 (which will exist by then).  Does
> anybody else want to do something in conjunction, overlapping or
> similar?
>
> Scott
>

> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 11:04 -0500, Lincoln Stein wrote:
>> Hi Scott, folks,
>>
>> Today is the last day in which one can submit abstracts for the
>> Biology of
>> Genomes meeting at CSHL (http://meetings.cshl.edu/meetings/
>> genome06.shtml).
>> Does anyone want to submit a GMOD-oriented abstract?
>>
>> Lincoln

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.
> [hidden email]
> GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)
> 216-392-3087
> Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

> log files
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD
> SPLUNK!
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642

Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: GMOD abstract?

Scott Cain-2
Here is a draft of the abstract; any comments before I submit?  Also,
how does one handle authors when there are so many people involved in
various aspects of software development for so many components?  Even if
I spend the rest of the day on it, I'm not sure I would get everyone and
there affiliations correct.

THE GENERIC MODEL ORGANISM DATABASE PROJECT

Scott J. Cain(1), Lincoln D. Stein(1), Suzanna Lewis(2), Many, many more

The Generic Model Organism Database (GMOD) Project is an open source
project to develop a complete set of software for creating and
administering a model organism database. Components of this project
include genome visualization and editing tools, literature curation
tools, a robust database schema (Chado), and biological ontology tools.
Components of the GMOD project have been adopted by over one hundred
organizations, and several groups are using Chado to store and analyze
genome annotations. Here we present the first release of an integrated
GMOD suite of applications, consisting of GBrowse, Apollo, CMap, Turnkey
and BioMart, all interacting seemlessly on top of a Chado database.

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 11:33 -0500, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi Lincoln,
>
> Thanks for the reminder; I had quite forgotten about the deadline.  I
> was planning on submitting an abstract for giving a talk or poster that
> would be an overview of gmod 0.1 (which will exist by then).  Does
> anybody else want to do something in conjunction, overlapping or
> similar?
>
> Scott
>

> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 11:04 -0500, Lincoln Stein wrote:
> > Hi Scott, folks,
> >
> > Today is the last day in which one can submit abstracts for the Biology of
> > Genomes meeting at CSHL (http://meetings.cshl.edu/meetings/genome06.shtml).
> > Does anyone want to submit a GMOD-oriented abstract?
> >
> > Lincoln

Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: GMOD abstract?

Lincoln Stein-2
Hi Scott,

I'd list "Scott Cain(1) for the GMOD Consortium" as the authors.

The rest of the abstract is fine. Good job!

Lincoln

--
Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
1 Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
FOR URGENT MESSAGES & SCHEDULING,
PLEASE CONTACT MY ASSISTANT,
SANDRA MICHELSEN, AT [hidden email]

Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: GMOD abstract?

Lincoln Stein-2
Mummi,

If you can send it by me before you submit it that would be much appreciated.
Time is running out though....

Lincoln

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:02, Gudmundur Arni Thorisson wrote:

> Scott, I'm sending in a BioMart abstract for a poster, covering new
> stuff coming in the new web interface in spring/summer (my work) and
> also something in other arenas (web services, Mart-builder etc.).
> BioMart is now part of GMOD, so it'd be perfect for inclusion in your
> overview!

> On Feb 15, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Scott Cain wrote:
> > Hi Lincoln,
> >
> > Thanks for the reminder; I had quite forgotten about the deadline.  I
> > was planning on submitting an abstract for giving a talk or poster
> > that
> > would be an overview of gmod 0.1 (which will exist by then).  Does
> > anybody else want to do something in conjunction, overlapping or
> > similar?
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 11:04 -0500, Lincoln Stein wrote:
> >> Hi Scott, folks,
> >>
> >> Today is the last day in which one can submit abstracts for the
> >> Biology of
> >> Genomes meeting at CSHL (http://meetings.cshl.edu/meetings/
> >> genome06.shtml).
> >> Does anyone want to submit a GMOD-oriented abstract?
> >>
> >> Lincoln
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Scott Cain, Ph. D.
> > [hidden email]
> > GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)
> > 216-392-3087
> > Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

> > log files
> > for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
> > searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD
> > SPLUNK!
> > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> > cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642

Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
1 Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
FOR URGENT MESSAGES & SCHEDULING,
PLEASE CONTACT MY ASSISTANT,
SANDRA MICHELSEN, AT [hidden email]

Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: GMOD abstract?

Suzanna Lewis
I agree, that is the best approach. Thanks for putting this together it
looks good.