Gbrowse 2.50 VM wont start - vboxnet0 (adapter 2) not found

Gbrowse 2.50 VM wont start - vboxnet0 (adapter 2) not found

Florian
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a GBrowse2 VM on my PC running Ubuntu 14.04.

I downloaded the VM-file from http://gmod.org/wiki/GBrowse2_VMs (Version 2.50) and installed VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads, 14.04 Version) + Extension Pack.

The import of the .ova file worked and I can start VirtualBox and see it listed there. However if I try to run it I receive following error:

Could not start the machine Growse 2.50, VirtualBox Edition because the following physical network interfaces were not found:

vboxnet0 (adapter 2)

You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine.

I have no experience with VirtualBox and a quick google search didnt help me out, so could someone explain to me what I have to do to get this running?

Thanks for any Help,
Florian

Re: Gbrowse 2.50 VM wont start - vboxnet0 (adapter 2) not found

Surya Saha
Hi Florian,

I have not used this VM but this is a common issue. Just go into settings for the GBrowse VM and disable the offending interface (vboxnet0) before you try to boot it.

-Surya

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Florian <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sol Genomics Network

Re: Gbrowse 2.50 VM wont start - vboxnet0 (adapter 2) not found

Florian
Hello,

Thanks, while this worked to get the VM running, it disabled the option to ssh from host machine to VM.

So for completeness if someone else has this problem, here is the way I got it to work correctly: http://askubuntu.com/questions/198452/no-host-only-adapter-selected

Basically, you have to add a host-only network for VirtualBox via the file -> preferences -> network menu

regards,
Florian

On 23.02.2016 14:03, Surya Saha wrote:
[...]

Boyce Thompson Institute, Ithaca, NY, USA