[Gmod-pubsearch-dv] New GMOD website

Scott Cain-2
Hello,

I am pleased to announce the roll out of the new GMOD website,
http://www.gmod.org/ .  This website uses content management software,
Drupal, to facilitate user input.  While the porting of the data on the
old GMOD website ( http://gmod.sf.net/ ) is not quite done, it is nearly
there.  Please take a look at the new website and feel free to leave
comments.

I don't want to spend too much time 'explaining' the website, as I hope
it explains itself, but I do want to point out that the central piece of
content on the site is a section called 'Components'.  In Drupal speak,
this is a book, but really is a hierarchical set of pages where
information about various GMOD software components.  Drupal facilitates
group content development, so anyone with an account will be able to
edit content in the Components book.  The Components book takes the
place of the 'software matrix' on the old web site.

Again, please take a look and let me know what you think, either by
leaving a comment on www.gmod.org, or by following up to the gmod-devel
mailing list.

New GMOD website

Kara Dolinski
Hi Scott,

Someone just wrote into SGD asking about the location for schema
diagrams for GMOD/chado.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them on
the new site, and since this might be a common question, I thought
I'd send it to the list.  They used to live here:

http://www.gmod.org/schema/doc/

Oh wait, just found this page:

http://www.gmod.org/?q=node/6

(love the chado pronunciation guide!)

But looks like the diagrams haven't made the migration yet.  If you
have them handy in some other location, or can send them to me in a
tar or something, that'd be awesome.

Thanks,
Kara

On Nov 18, 2005, at 9:59 AM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am pleased to announce the roll out of the new GMOD website,
> http://www.gmod.org/ .  This website uses content management software,
> Drupal, to facilitate user input.  While the porting of the data on
> the
> old GMOD website ( http://gmod.sf.net/ ) is not quite done, it is
> nearly
> there.  Please take a look at the new website and feel free to leave
> comments.
>
> I don't want to spend too much time 'explaining' the website, as I
> hope
> it explains itself, but I do want to point out that the central
> piece of
> content on the site is a section called 'Components'.  In Drupal
> speak,
> this is a book, but really is a hierarchical set of pages where
> information about various GMOD software components.  Drupal
> facilitates
> group content development, so anyone with an account will be able to
> edit content in the Components book.  The Components book takes the
> place of the 'software matrix' on the old web site.
>
> Again, please take a look and let me know what you think, either by
> leaving a comment on www.gmod.org, or by following up to the gmod-
> devel
> mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.
> [hidden email]
> GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)
> 216-392-3087
> Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Re: New GMOD website

Scott Cain-2
Hi Kara,

I just added a few links to the chado page you referenced below,
http://www.gmod.org/?q=node/6

There certainly is a lot of work to do in this area; it is most
complicated area of 'content porting', so I put it off.  :-)

Scott