Re: 3rd party logon

Ryan Doherty-2
Hi Lishuang,

Please write only to the gmod list so others can benefit from any solutions we find.  Thanks.

Let me make sure I understand what you're trying to do.  Can you confirm that following?

1. You have an existing PHP application that uses existing user accounts stored in a database (and both are completely separate from GBrowse)
2. The user logs into your PHP application using an existing form you already supply (also separate from GBrowse)
3. You want the user to be able to visit GBrowse and be automatically logged into GBrowse using a parallel GBrowse account
4. Your PHP application and GBrowse will live on the same server (same domain)- this is very important for cookie sharing!

Can you confirm that all this is true?  If so, then you need to add a custom cookie to your PHP login process and then write code in your PHP application to automate GBrowse login and logout.  The solution we settled on is actually pretty complicated.  Let me know if you would like more details or references to source code.

Ryan

On 01/30/2015 10:32 AM, Lishuang Shen wrote:
Dear Ryan Doherty:

http://sourceforge.net/p/gmod/mailman/message/30889992/

Hello:

Regarding the 3rd party logon and automatical activation in gbrowse. I need your  advice.

I am following similar strategy Mike and yours above  for 3rd party login done with PHP. I handled
the information with perl PHP::Session and able to read and validate the PHP generated
session and validated with session information stored in Gbrowse mysql.

I use database to store the user and session information, not using files.
So I am trying to activate my validated session information into Gbrowse.
But stuck here regarding how to set cookie. It will jump to the gbrowse page, but not able to logon.

After checking, I think my issue is still in last step of cookie setting, where seems my cookie was not written to the folder I specified with path() or
to any file in server. And I don't know if it went into database or how to authenticate through database.

I am quite just started with direct session and cookie manipulation, and still trying to understand the how the gbrowse authentication  system working.

Lishuang Shen

Thank you,

Lishuang