Re: NIH RFA for software development

Benjamin Hitz

Not sure if this is relevant, or trivial, or already been done, but
at SGD we are kicking around the idea of expanding Gbrowse to protein
sequences/domains/annotations.  "Pbrowse".

Ben Hitz

Re: Re: NIH RFA for software development

Aaron J. Mackey
It's at least been (partially) done, and Gbrowse "as is" works fine.
See, for example:

   http://v5-0.plasmodb.org/plasmo-release5-0/showRecord.do?
name=GeneRecordClasses.GeneRecordClass&primary_key=PF11_0344#Protein

-Aaron

On Dec 19, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Benjamin Hitz wrote:

> Not sure if this is relevant, or trivial, or already been done, but
> at SGD we are kicking around the idea of expanding Gbrowse to
> protein sequences/domains/annotations.  "Pbrowse".
>
> Ben Hitz

Aaron J. Mackey, Ph.D.
Project Manager, ApiDB Bioinformatics Resource Center
Penn Genomics Institute, University of Pennsylvania
email:  [hidden email]
office: 215-898-1205 (Biology, 212 Goddard Labs)
         215-746-7018 (PCBI, 1428 Blockley Hall)
fax:    215-746-6697 (Penn Genomics Institute)
postal: Penn Genomics Institute
         Goddard Labs 212
         415 S. University Avenue
         Philadelphia, PA  19104-6017