Testing a migration of gmod.org

Scott Cain
Hi all,

I'm working on migrating the gmod.org wiki away from OICR servers and I currently have a test machine running on AWS (a t2.nano machine) and I think I've implemented every extension that is in use on the current wiki.  Would you mind taking a look at and giving a test drive to the site (create pages and the like) to see if it seems to you like it's working the way it should be?

I'll probably leave that machine up for a few days, so have at it.

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: Testing a migration of gmod.org

Hilmar Lapp-3
Scott,

The needs of and traffic for the GMOD wiki might be small, but as a point of reference and comparison, a t1.medium AWS VM has shown too small for running the OBF member project wikis. They go down at least once a week due to memory issues, and that's  despite daily MySQL restarts.

That doesn't mean a t2.nano can't work for you, but you may want to be prepared for upgrading to a medium at least.

-hilmar

Sent from away

On Mar 15, 2016, at 4:04 PM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm working on migrating the gmod.org wiki away from OICR servers and I currently have a test machine running on AWS (a t2.nano machine) and I think I've implemented every extension that is in use on the current wiki.  Would you mind taking a look at and giving a test drive to the site (create pages and the like) to see if it seems to you like it's working the way it should be?

I'll probably leave that machine up for a few days, so have at it.

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: Testing a migration of gmod.org

Scott Cain
Thanks Hilmar,

I wasn't really thinking I'd be able to get away with using a t2.nano forever, it's just the size machine I was using while migrating and testing.  I also was hoping to not need a medium but I'm wondering what will happen the first time the google bot hits it :-/  Is the only thing running on the OBF machine the wikis for the various projects or are there other processes as well?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Hilmar Lapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There are other processes running as well, but the wikis are the primary workload.

-hilmar

Sent from away